1) How did Real Talk come about?
I played shows as an acoustic act in the New England area because I had no other friends to play in a band with (haha). I met Stephen at a show in Hartford. We kept in touch and the rest is history
2) How did you come up with the name Real Talk?
I have no idea, but I'm sure Stephen does. Can someone ask and please report back?
3) What inspired you to play music and want to join a band?
Jimmy Page’s solo in “Stairway to Heaven”. I loved that so much I bought the action figure.
4) Was there a certain moment in your life that stood out to you that made you fall in love with music?
My mom took me to the Gigantour in 2008 to see Megadeth and Children of Bodom. That pretty much did it for me.
5) 'Arrivals' is the title of the new Real Talk EP. Can you tell us why you chose that name and what it means to you guys?
It’s a reference to my Grandmother who passed away recently. Her funeral was on my 22nd birthday.
There’s a whole story about “Arrivals” and an inside joke with my family - I will just leave it at that. The title track is a love song to her.
6) What makes the 'Arrivals' EP special? Why should people listen to it?
We put everything we had into "Arrivals" . We wrote, demoed, and recorded the 4 tracks and then we tore apart, re-wrote, re-recorded them again multiple times to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. Each chorus, verse, bridge, and intro was written and recorded so deliberately. We hope the this translates into our listener's ears. You'll find mix of nostalgic and fresh sounds that balance & compliment each other nicely. The entirety of "Arrivals" is just a lot of fun I think.
7) What was the first album you bought, and do you still love that album?
Eiffel 65’s Europop. I want to say yes, but I have a feeling if I went back to it I would be highly disappointed.
8) Burritos or Pizza? If you could only choose one, which would it be?
9) Favorite way to pass time on a long van drive?
Podcasts and/or van moshing.
10) What do you want kids/fans to know about Real Talk?
At midnight every night we all gather around and unwillingly listen to “St. Anger” by Metallica